Saturday, February 17, 2007

Little Baskets




Finally finished sewing up this little top this week. I guess it's in the flimsy stage. Think I'll use it as a wall hanging for the month of May. Or a baby quilt.


I just love the little cute pink baskets. And I enjoyed sewing each one. I like that the blocks have different patterns and fabric placement. After trying one I had to sew more till I ran out of the pink fabric. And couldn't make any more.



Then I had to figure out what I could do with the blocks. I decided to set them on point so the baskets are all up right, and not to add any borders or setting blocks so the baskets would show up more. I had 2 blocks left over to add to my orphan block collection.

10 comments:

Libby said...

It is darling - perfect for a wall hanging or a new baby *s

Unknown said...

Love 2-color quilts and this one is just lovely.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is sweet and adorable.

Cheers!
Evelyn

Helen in the UK said...

What lovely dainty colours. Very 'little girly' :)

Vicky said...

Precious basket quilt! Great job!

sewprimitive karen said...

Ohhh those are really pretty little baskets.

heather said...

I love basket quilts. Very nicely done.

Shelina said...

This is so soft and sweet - I too like that the fabric is placed in different places.

CONNIE W said...

I have your blog listed on my blog links. I enjoy reading it. I was just wondering what country you are from as I haven't noticed that in any of your blogs. Thanks. :D

Hanne said...

Very cute baskets :-) What are you up to these days ?