Thursday, June 08, 2006
I had these blocks setting around for about 4 years before I finally put them together into a top. I didn't like the colors I had chosen whites and blacks. There was just to much contrast. Almost put them in a box for the good will. Then I thought let's try dyeing it.
So I sewed up the top added a couple rows of border. Made a back and cut some binding. Put it all in some tan Rites dye. And the results were a lot more pleasing to me. Made all the fabrics seam more related. The colors blend better. Guess I just like tamer color schemes. The quilt still needs to be quilted but I finally got it together.