Monday, March 17, 2014

Benjamin Franklin Quilt

This weekend I worked on some BOM blocks  from the Benjamin Franklin Mystery Quilt by Erik at Homemade Coffee Break ezine.  I found the BOM in December and fell in love with it.  But it was started I'm guessing at least a year ago.  They are on block 20 with 2 or 3 months left.  So I have some catching up to do.  This weekend I made another 7 blocks so I have 11 blocks done, almost.  I may redo one or 2 (top center). A couple of these need sashing/borders on them but,  I'm waiting on the borders till I get a better feel on the color/fabric placement when the quilt layout will be revealed in a couple months.  And they all need a good press and alittle trim.  For fabric I started with a white fabric that has a red pin strip on it.  Then picked a navy and a red as main fabrics.  Then I fill in with scraps.  I try to use a little of the main navy and red in each block so that even though it's a scrappy quilt something pulls it all together.


Karen said...

Every time I see someone's blog post about the B. Franklin blocks, I wish I had done them. Just no time for everything I want to do.

Little Penpen said...

Love the red white and blue!98