This weekend I worked on some BOM blocks from the Benjamin Franklin Mystery Quilt by Erik at Homemade Coffee Break ezine. I found the BOM in December and fell in love with it. But it was started I'm guessing at least a year ago. They are on block 20 with 2 or 3 months left. So I have some catching up to do. This weekend I made another 7 blocks so I have 11 blocks done, almost. I may redo one or 2 (top center). A couple of these need sashing/borders on them but, I'm waiting on the borders till I get a better feel on the color/fabric placement when the quilt layout will be revealed in a couple months. And they all need a good press and alittle trim. For fabric I started with a white fabric that has a red pin strip on it. Then picked a navy and a red as main fabrics. Then I fill in with scraps. I try to use a little of the main navy and red in each block so that even though it's a scrappy quilt something pulls it all together.