Saturday, September 21, 2013

Colorado Block

I'll share my first purge project.  I've always loved the Colorado block so I did some drafting and decided on a 12 inch block did a sample block in blue then did 2 blocks with purple.  I hope to make a couple scrappy blocks of each different color.  Then set all the blocks on point for a quilt. Trying to keep all the blocks a mid tone no pastels or really darks so there is some uniformity to the finished quilt.

Oooh the cement floor looks bad and the extension cord that I'm using to plug in the sewing machine peeking in the corner doesn't add much.  I'll have to figure out a design wall or find a rug before I take more pics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the blocks. LOL about the extension cord... I always forget to "stage" my pictures. Just too down to earth to make everything look perfect.