Friday, July 01, 2011

Snowballs and Nine patches

This is the top I hoped to get done this month. The blocks did get done and pieced together. But the border hit a bump. I didn't quite know what I wanted to do for the border. So I was laying out different fabrics to see what looked the best. I had the small squares planed already I then decided on a green border then I wasn't sure. If I stopped with this I'd have got it done. But.........I did come up with some pinwheel blocks from the cut offs from the snowball blocks. Think I'll border each pinwheel block with more green. The quilt really needed to have more of the orange in the border to make it look better. Sorry don't know how to explain it. So I guess I have some more piecing to do. At least I won't have those cut off bonus HST sitting around looking for a home.

5 comments:

Donna~~ said...

Sometimes it just takes time to figure out what a quilt needs to look it's best. I like what you've decided so far though! And getting the blocks all pieced together is a big deal, so congrats on your finish--hope to see more "finish" on it soon!

Carol said...

It looks like that orange will be a perfect finish for your quilt! Somtimes you just have to wait until the quilt tells you what it wants.

JCnNC said...

I actually like this quilt without extra borders. Wonderful finish. Judy C in NC

Ginette said...

Nice job. More blocks made a more interesting quilt.

happeningswithLana said...

Very pretty. Just found your blog. So many pretty quitls.