Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Strip Quit Saw Tooth Strip

I thought I would show how I made this row.
Here is my drawer of triangles. They are left over from different projects, end cuts etc. (This was taken today after I made the quit.) The drawer was really full.

Last week I seen somewhere in blog land how someone sewed left over triangles willy nilly together and then cut and squared them up to make half square triangle squares. So I thought I would give it a try. I sewed red, white and blue ones together here they are I have to cut them yet but you can see how not all match up. But after they are cut and opened it doesn't matter. I also sewed green ones to cream and tan triangles and then used them for the strip quilt. And the drawer is still overflowing.

2 comments:

Ye Merrie Quilter said...

Great use of scrap triangles! I had two bins full of scraps from various projects, but reduced it to one when I squared up all the bits into half-sizes (2", 2 1/2", 3", etc.) and threw out all the too-small schnibbles that found their way in there. I'm about eight bins over my limit of fabric. I'm going to have to make a few quilts to raffle, donate or auction off.
Have a great Tuesday!
Karen

Cathie in UT said...

Just love those "free" quilts that we can create from leftovers!
Thanks for the idea