WOW I guess you can add 5 pictures to a post.
I cut the strips for a strip quilt a few months ago. I've been looking for a applique pattern to run up one of the strips. I guess this weekend I started sewing the strips and got caught up in it and finished the quilt and somewhere along the way decided to just skip the applique. For almost all of the pieced strips I used fabric from my pre cut strips and squares.
I was going to just do all coin strips like this one. But changed my mind and thought a variety of strips would be better. For this strip I use my pre cut strips. I cut them 7 inches long and for width used 1 1/2 inch and 2 inch strips and a few larger strips I cut down to odd widths for variety.
I used 2 inch squares for this row. I tried to do green every other square with a few extra greens thrown in here and there.
Broken dishes blocks for this row I started with 3 1/2 inch squares. I cut them in half and then sewed together.
Last is a saw tooth border. I found this darker green strip I had left over from a back of another quilt and thought it would really set off the saw teeth. The triangles for this strip all came from my triangle scrap drawer. Good use of scraps.
I'm going to add a top and bottom border using the main green fabric. Then use the darker green fabric for the binding. This really sewed together very fast. And it was fun sewing with out patterns just pulling cut strips and squares from my stash and sewing.