Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Birds inthe Air

This project is closest to getting done. It's an old traditional pattern and is very easy to sew I like the lay out with the red. Haven't decided to have the center red or pieced.

I have the pieced part of the block up to this stage. One more seem to sew on about half the blocks then add the red triangle. Then sew up the blocks. Shouldn't be to hard to finish up this one in the next week.


























Here is the original quilt it was in the July/ August Issue of Fons and Porter's Love Of Quilting.





4 comments:

Libby said...

Looks great! I remember seeing that photo in the magazine - the red really sells it *s*

*karendianne. said...

I like this little bit of inspiration. Glad you shared. I needed it since I couldn't making anything happen today.

Jeanne said...

I'm going to have to get that issue back out. Wonderful quilt you are making. I love scrappy quilts the best and this is a good one.

Helen in the UK said...

I'm a big fan of red and of traditional scrappy, so this quilt really appeals to me. Love your version :)