Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Lake Michigan





Nothing real quilty to share. Thought I'd post a picture of Lake Michigan. We went to a Nascar race and stopped at the southern tip of the lake for a day. What a beautiful lake. All the sand dunes where amazing. Water out as far as you can see. We did see a couple large ships heading out.



I always thought the North shore of Lake Superior was breath taking. But after seeing the sand dunes on the southern end of Lake Michigan. It makes me want to take the circle drive around all the great lakes someday. Who knows what I'm missing.

6 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

One of the first trips I want to make when we move to Minneapolis is to the North Shore of Lake Superior. Your pictures are beautiful - I've never been to any of the Great Lakes before and am looking forward to some exploring.

sewprimitive karen said...

We used to go to the Indiana dunes in high school, such fun and so pretty....

Linda C said...

This reminds me of Indiana Dunes---though I am from IL, we have been there a couple of times. Lake Michigan is lovely but then so is Lake Superior

Finn said...

Hi Lizzy, I've seen both of shores you mention, and both while living in WI..I'd be hard pressed to love one more than the other.
The stormy northern coast of Lake Superior appeals to me, so much dark wild potential. But the softer spoken, quieter dunes and shores of the southern Lake Michigan charm as well. A great goal, to drive around all the Great Lakes.

Susan said...

Not quilty, but beautiful photos!

ForestJane said...

That's a beautiful picture. Someday I'd like to travel a lot too.