My guest bedroom has a couple of 9 patch quilts.
I made the blocks and then tried to figure out what to do with them. I tried setting them different ways and finally came up with these two quilts. I straight set some of the block then made some blue with darker blue blocks for the border on the first one.
For the second I cut some yellow squares set them on point and used the blocks as sashing.
The yellow one is hand quilted. The blue one is tied.
I learned the hard way not to bias cut the outside half square setting blocks they caused me lots of trouble. The outside is kind of wavy oh well next time.