Monday, May 09, 2011

Crazy Stars

I worked on this project for a few days last week. I have a bunch of these I think you call them mile a minuet scrappy blocks. I had first planed on alternating them with squares from old jeans. But after blocking up a few decided I didn't like how heavy the jean fabric was.






I came up with these star blocks. The weird thing is matching star points with center blocks. The center blocks have old fabrics from 4-5 years ago when I made them. The star points and sashing are from my fabric stash now. With a layout plan now in place I now know how many blocks I"ll need. Just need to do a little piecing.







4 comments:

Lee Pierce said...

Not your average stars! I like them ;-)

Unknown said...

what happened to the game on your website??? I was coming and playing for hours each day!!! I miss it!

Ginette said...

How cute! MAM blocks are so much fun to make on a day when you want to sew but not think too hard. Love using them as star centers. Keep those UFOs coming!

Unknown said...

Sorry Hollis I'll add it back.