Sunday, January 03, 2010

2010 Stash Report Week 1

Here we go on another year.

This year I'm not reporting every week instead I'm going to report by the month. So I'll post my report the end of January.


My goal for last year was 150 yards I busted about 100 yards (I'm very happy with that). I really had no idea how much fabric I used or purchased in a year. So this year I'm going to set my goal at 100 yards which is about what I busted in 2009. For the last couple months I've been measuring fabric in my stash and added it all together and know how much fabric I have. I have 754 yards of quilting fabric in my stash. I still have a couple large tubs of non quilt worthy fabric to be counted yet before I get my true amount of my stash. Here's my quilt fabric stash. Folded fabric on the shelves, cut strips in 3 larges drawer units and cut squares in 3 smaller drawer units, odds and ends in 5 tubs still need to be sorted, 2 large tubs not in picture of non quilting fabric. Hopefully by the end of the year I won't have any fabric on top of the shelves and the tubs will be empty. Good luck to all the stash busters this year here we go!!!

January 1,2010 stash
















Scraps cut up in squares for easy use.




5 comments:

SpinningStar said...

Isn't it nice to be organized. Have fun busting up the stash!

Liz

Tamera said...

Oh my goodness...how long did it take you to count all your stash? I'm thinking it would take an army to count all mine, lol.

Mary-Kay said...

Wow! It must have taken you forever to count all that fabric. I'm only going to count my stash when I cut it up for use in a quilt.

Miss Deb said...

Gosh I wish I was that organized.

I dream.

Katie said...

What a great idea to track that stash! You could do a Cristo inspired art installation w/ that yardage!!