Monday, August 10, 2009

Design Wall Monday Remembering Grandma

I've been working on this one. Three post in a row now on this quilt. I almost have the blocks for 2 sides of the borders done. I sewed a few together to see how it looks. I like the border. For the alternate pinwheel blocks not so sure. I picked a creamy fabric that matched the flowers in the green fabric. I did one block. I like the way it looks except now looking at the picture I'm not so sure. I wanted them to be lighter then the rest of the quilt. So the other parts of the quilt stand out more not the pinwheels. I think after a good ironing and doing the rest it should look better not so washed out but, not the attention of the quilt, a quiet alternate block.


6 comments:

Elsie Montgomery said...

Hi, Comparing the lighter pinwheels with the quilt in your book, it seems that they are standing out anyway, maybe because they are lighter or just different?? If you don't have EQ etc, try printing your picture a few more times then cutting out the alternate block and putting in in the blank spaces. That should give you an idea of the look without making any more blocks!

Janet said...

This is a labor intensive quilt. Your results are fantastic. Good for you. I too like the border a whole lot. The alternate blocks are light but in the overall scheme, they will be perfect.

Mrs Quilty said...

That quilt will be beautiful!! I love the border, but like you, I'm not sure about the alternate light block. Maybe greens would be better. Hmmmm...it's fun to work it all out!!! Nice work!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Good to see you making progress on this quilt - it sure is going to be pretty! I like seeing step-by-step progress! Cheers!

Kelana said...

That should give you an idea of the look without making any more blocks. The alternate blocks are light but in the overall scheme, they will be perfect. Nice work!

Poached Egg Recipes said...

Apprecciate this blog post