Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rail Fence


Week 3 Wednesday finishes I did finish on Wednesday but just got around to posting. It's been three weeks in a row now that I got a flimsie quilted. I need to start on some bindings or I'll never get them done. Binding is not my most favorite part of quilt making.
This is a rail fence pattern I liked it because the rails were smaller then the ones I usually see. I think it makes the overall pattern really stand out. The quilt is 54 x 54 inches. A rather small quilt I should of added a few more rows to the bottom I didn't do any figuring just sewed up some strips cut them and pieced them and this is the size I ended up with. Oh well it's done. The rails were made from 1 1/2 inch strips. It feels so great to be getting some of these quilts done finally!!!! On to the one for next week.

8 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Very sweet quilt! I love all the warm fabric colors.

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on getting this nearly done. It will make a great lap quilt for the fall/winter - colours are perfect :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow...that is just so amazing what a fantastic job..

Teresa said...

I just love this rail fence quilt. Scrappy makes me happy and this one is just perfect. I may have one of these in my future.

Lynn said...

I too really like the little blocks using this pattern. What a cozy quilt.

Michelle said...

I love your scrappy rail fence quilt! Good job on finishing a UFO!

Libby said...

Looks great . . . simple blocks can really sing *s* I enjoy working with 1 1/2" strips so much.
Your feathers are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I think this is my favorite. I love the colors.