Saturday, July 26, 2008

What's Elie Sewing


Wow the last 2 weeks just flew past I have been sooooooooo busy family, work, family work, vacation. Not a lot of sewing. Here is my sewing machine Elie this morning. My sewing table is a mess. I am trying to finish this doll quilt so I can use it as one of my finishes for "Finish 5 by the end of July" I will only get 3. But I'm happy with that. The fabric I picked up Thursday at the local Good Will .50 cents a yard. There's 19 yards there. The red white and blue strip I know I seen a neat quilt somewhere that used strips in the setting blocks. The orange check I just love. And the other I feel sorry for it's so ugly, But I will find I good use for it.
Ahh yes and my little distraction. I had the joy of babysitting this little one the last 2 days ( my one and only grand child ). Regular babysitter on vacation. I thought I would get some sewing done home all day but no didn't even go into the sewing room. She is a joy!!!

4 comments:

dot said...

Great bargin on the fabric. I love the picture of the grandbaby. The quilt is really cool also.

Teresa said...

OH, she is a doll. Grandchildren are the best!!! I like that quilt she is on as well - did you make that?

Libby said...

Sewing Schmewing - kisses and cuddles with babies is far more fun *s*

Cris said...

Two beautiful things :)