Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Wonky Squares



I did so well last month and finished 3 quilts with out starting any. But, last week I started this one. I had seen several versions of wonky quilts online and had always wanted to make one. I love these colors together. And I came to this layout.
The center block is either a 3" or 4 " square. Some are square others I trimmed a little to make them wonky.
I then sewed strips around the square. I used 1-1/2" or 2 inch strips depending on how I felt or the colors I had. I used mostly pre-cut strips. If the strips were to short I sewed them to others or added squares.
I then sewed triangles to all four sides. And then finished the blocks with another round of strips. What ever I needed to make the block 9 inches square.
The blocks sewed up fast and I liked not having to worry about corners matching. I have to sew the blocks together yet and I'm up to flimsie stage already. I thought this would be a good quilt to work on my machine quilting.

2 comments:

Fabricmom said...

I just love these blocks. Great colors.

Linster said...

Very cute!