Sunday, April 06, 2008

Goals For April

Let's see I'm working on a Dear Jane Quilt. I should really join the Dear Baby Jane and do the blocks with a group they are doing 2 blocks a week.

I am already a member of the sew many blocks group doing the Civil War Diaries and Love Letters quilts. I'm falling behind they do 7 blocks a week. I like the easy blocks but just not motivated to tackle the harder ones.

I'm doing the Quiltville Orange Crush mystery quilt. I finished the 4 patches today so I am caught up with that one. I am surprised at how many people are doing this quilt.

Then I want to set a goal to finish 4 quilts in the month of April. I'm learning to free motion machine quilt and want to push myself to do some quilts so I really get the hang of it. The 4 quilts are all batted basted ready to be quilted. One is done I did it last week and i have the binding half on, the second is about 1/4 quilted. I quilt 2 or 3 bobbins a day. The third one I had started to quilt with a walking foot but the back had lots of puckers so I ripped out the quilting and going to free motion quilt it. A lot of time spent for nothing.

So for April I want to finish quilting 4 quilts. Catch up with the Civil War Quilt blocks and the Sew Many Blocks Group. Join the Dear Baby Jane Group and organize the blocks I have done and catch up with the group. Hope it helps to write this out. May first will be wonderful because I will have this all done.

5 comments:

Patti said...

I have found that setting goals really helps me. Looks like you have some great goals set for the month. I'm confident you can achieve them - one stitch at a time. It will be fun to watch you progress towards these completions!

Libby said...

Sometimes there is just no other way than to line the projects up, list them and then get down to business. Just think of the great pieces you'll have come May 1!

jacquie said...

Quite a set of goals. You are going to be a busy lady! I think it's a great way to get things done!

Finn said...

Hi Lizzy, I love the shirt scrap quilt pile you have gathered and especially like the pattern you've chosen to make. It's just delightful! I think it will make a great quilt.
You have a lot of goals, but it seems you are doing just fine with them..keep up the good work. Hugs, Finn

Angelines Artero said...

Beautiful blog. Could you put a translator in your blog? Regards from Spain