Worked on the spool quilt this week end and I now have 40 blocks done. And I cut all the fabric for the quilt.
I cut all the pieces into 2 1/2 inch squares. 7 dark and 6 light squares for each block. I sew 4 dark and light squares together on the diagonal to make 4 HST for the corners.
I then piece the block like a 9 patch. I am going to alternate red and blue spools on the quilt.
I've been sewing the bonus scrap triangles together and think I will make a lady of the lake quilt with them. Here is a sample block I tried. I don't think I will keep the sashing. Haven't decided for sure what I'll do still playing with them.