Monday, October 01, 2007

Star Baby Quilt


Well I guess I left September pass by with out a post. I have been sewing. The star blocks I was working on are laid out on the floor. I must of miss calculated I thought I had enough to do a quilt top. Blocks and a 6'' border to make a 60'' square quit top. But no this is all I had after laying them out. About a fourth of what I would need. My math must of been way off when I cut out the pieces. The 6'' blocks looked so cute. And I've been searching for a Baby quilt pattern for our first grandchild. (Our daughter and son-in-law have been married for 6 years we are very excited!!!) Don't know if it's a boy are girl(due in March). I didn't really want to do a pastel baby color quilt that is not their style or taste. I wanted something my daughter could use not just for a baby blanket. When I showed my daughter the blocks she loved them. So I have the baby quilt decided. Whew!!!

I'm going to get some fleece or flannel for receiving blankets to match and crochet around the outside.

8 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm totally in love with this... forget the baby, the mother will treasure it forever...You're going to be the best Grandma!!!!

chook said...

wow I think this will be just beautiful I love it.
I am just about to start a little premi quilt for a very dear friend that is going to have her bubby early I think A quilt with stars would be perfect Hugs Beth

Jeanne said...

The stars are so beautiful! I'm glad you were busy sewing. What a gorgeous baby quilt they will make! Hope to see you posting in October. :-)

Jeanne said...

Oh, what wonderful colors! This will be a very special quilt!
Jeanne :)

Helen in the UK said...

BEAUTIFUL. Perfect for a baby quilt that will last beyond babyhood :)

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Only so much time in the day - definately you are using your time for sewing and not posting!!! And what beautiful results!!! It really is a lovely "baby" quilt, though my guess is that it will be much loved for years to come!

Cheers!

Evelyn

ForestJane said...

So... are you going to make one more block... or are you going to put a solid square of fabric in the center of the quilt and write the name, birthdate, weight on it?

Kim said...

Your star squares remind me of a quilt that I made for first time parents to be. You can see what I did with stars and nine patch at my blog. I like the way that you mixed fabrics through all of the stars. Looks so pretty and will be a great "growing into" size quilt when you finish. Can't wait to see how the quilt turns out.