Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Green 9 Patch

I've been making progress on this 9 patch. One more row around the out side with solid 9 patch blocks and then sew up the quilt. I have them all sewn and ready to go. The squares in the 9 patches are cut at 1 1/2''. I plan on adding the yellow fabric as the outer border and then use a green check as the binding. I didn't do alot of planning for this quilt. I just expanded the doll quilt I made. I really loved the way the main fabrics went together, a green check, yellows and a few peach fabrics. I had a lot of greens in my 1 1/2" scrap bin to fill in the rest. Most of the blocks were strip pieced to save time.

Here's the pile of remaining blocks. I'll add a close up of the blocks in the quilt on my blog when I get the top sewn together.

4 comments:

Libby said...

Looks great . . . scrap quilts are the best *s*

Jeanne said...

Your color palette is really nice -- soft and pretty!
Jeanne

Hedgehog said...

This is a great idea - love the colors and the design!

Kim said...

Oh my gosh! This 9 patch quilt looks like a jigsaw puzzle, a difficult one at that! You are doing a fine job putting it together.