Thursday, January 11, 2007

Pine Tree Blocks

I made a table runner out of these 2 orphaned blocks. My orphan/sample block collection or what ever you call the box of odd blocks is out of hand and needs to be thinned out. I have a little quilting left and then add the binding and it's done. I've been looking for a tree block to make a quilt into. But this block just seams to large for what I have in mind. I guess that's why I make a couple sample blocks before I cut out enough for a whole quilt.

Lucy wouldn't leave the safety pin on the quilt alone she kept pouncing on it. Couldn't get a picture with out her in it.





6 comments:

quiltpixie said...

ahhh some toys are so easy :-)

Libby said...

Love the pine trees. I have wanted to do a tree quilt, but just can't seem to get there. Maybe a block or two is just the right answer *s*

Susan said...

I love the blocks. Plaids look great in there. They'll be a great table topper. Your cat knows a good thing when she sees it. =)

The Calico Cat said...

Well, she is just a big ole kitty helper...

Carol said...

I love the tree...I've always wanted to do one but just haven't gotten to it...maybe when I retire. It's not a quilt until one of the boys have blessed it in my house...looks the same in yours.

Unknown said...

Good to see you putting the blocks to good use and . . looks like Lucy approves.

Judy L.